Quality Supplies, Quality Meal
If you want the very best in commercial kitchen supplies and equipment, look no further than Mission Restaurant Supply. With 6 stores throughout the state, this Texas store will help you with any culinary aspirations. From Texas shaped waffle makers to various cutlery to really chop up that brisket, products of Mission Restaurant Supplyhave the official YOLO TX stamp of approval!
On this edition of “YOLO TX Bites”, we were joined by Chef Thurman Love to create a Seared Salmon with Kale Salad and Mango Salsa meal.
Seared Salmon with Kale Salad and Mango Salsa
- 4 pieces – 6 oz. fresh salmon, skin removed
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in pan until hot.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Lower flame to medium high.
- Sear salmon for 3-4 minutes or until done to your liking.
(Product Used: Browne Stainless Steel 11” Fry Pan)
- 2 bunches kale
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Wash the kale in cold water and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, trim off the tough portions of the stems and discard them.
- Chop the kale into bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl; set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the apple cider vinegar, oil, brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a pan.
- Simmer the mixture over moderate heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately pour the hot mixture over the kale. Mix well to thoroughly coat all the kale with the dressing.
- Allow kale to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. The kale mixture will be more tender the longer it sits.
(Products Used: Mercer Genesis 8” Knife, John Boos Cutting Board, Browne Stainless Steel 4 ½ Quart Pan, Winco Stainless Steel Silicone Base 8 Quart Mixing Bowl, Cambro High Heat 2 Quart Measuring Cup)
- 1 mango, ripe
- 1 tomato
- 3 scallions
- Pinch sea salt
- Wash and pat dry the scallions and cilantro
- Peel mango. Remove flesh from core. Dice to ½ inch pieces.
- Deseed tomato. Dice to ½ inch pieces.
- Mince scallion.
- Remove 9 leaves from cilantro stem and chop.
- In a stainless-steel mixing bowl, gently fold ingredients together with a spoon. Add sea salt to taste.
(Products Used: Mercer Genesis 8” Knife, John Boos Cutting Board, Winco Stainless Steel Silicone Base 3 Quart Mixing Bowl)
To shop the featured products, click here.