Sweet as Lemonade Pie
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade pie!
Cool down this summer with some ice-cold lemonade… pie that is! In this edition of “YOLO TX Bites”, A.C. tries her hand at making this delicious summertime treat, Frozen Lemonade Pie, to mixed results. The recipe is as follows:
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup sugar, and 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
- Coat 9-inch pie plate with butter spray
- Press crust firmly on bottom of plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake for five minutes, let cool.
- For topping: 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup raspberries, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- For topping, toss berries in bowl with sugar and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, stir condensed milk and frozen lemonade.
- For filling: whip 2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold lemonade mixture into whipped cream.
- Pour filling into crust and freeze overnight.
*Note: Freeze your pie overnight or else you’ll get a messy disaster – like A.C.